For those of you who have been reading these, you know that I’ve been saying that the show is way too fast paced, nothing sticks, and the reason the first show worked is because they had long and drawn out stories. Well, I think there may be a change to come. I read that they’re going to start infusing the show with story lines that are a bit more issue related that mirror things that are going on in society. I think it will help very much. Also, I read that someone is about to become pregnant. Wait, they waited until the fourth season on the original when Jesse’s super sperm impregnated Andrea. It’s too soon.
- Harry just dropped the bomb on his kids that he dated Naomi’s mom in high school, impregnated her with his super sperm and thought she got an abortion. But she didn’t. She had the baby, and gave it up for adoption. I think this leads to the kids thinking that they can have sex now because dad did when he was in high school.
- Dixon just says, “It’s freaky, but it’s cool.” I like that guy.
- Ethan says that he and Annie should be on the DL.
- Silver decides to have a slumber party at Kelly’s because soon, Kelly is coming back from her escapade with Dylan.
- Naveed is the greatest man in the world, but Adrianna is going to break his heart worse than Hulk Hogan.
- Naomi thinks that dorky Naveed wants to get in Adrianna’s pants. Well, he does, but that’s not why he sorts jelly beans for her.
- By the way, is rehab only a weekend thing?
- Harry tells Annie that she can’t have a slumber party at Silver’s because Kelly isn’t there. She said that she’s almost 16 and that when he was 16, he was making babies. Ouch.
- She went anyway. Damn 15 year olds.
- They’re drinking tequila and Annie just gave the worst fake “this tequila tastes bad, please pour me another” face of all time.
- Annie and Naomi changed shirts. I didn’t even see their bras. All I saw were ribs.
- For some odd reason, Adriana started to make out with Naveed. All this while Annie was drunkenly making out with Ethan.
- Adriana decided to take off her shirt. At least I wasn’t looking at her ribs.
- Kelly’s scruffy boy toy put the cop in his car and one of the kids noticed. Not good scruffy boy. Not good.
- Principal Harry showed up to bum rush the party and sees his daughter sprawled out on the floor.
- She let him know that he wasn’t honest and she wasn’t happy. All this while having vomit breath.
- Adriana now wants to be with Naveed. She is so going to break his heart worse than Michael Jackson.
I was a bit bothered by the bait and switch from last week. The preview tried to make it seem as if one of the girls was going to make a mistake and drunkenly sleep with someone and while it wasn’t necessarily what I wanted to see, it seems like a sleezy way to get people to watch. However, it was one of the better episodes of the season. Most everything made sense, which is not usual with this show.
Next week, Kelly is back, and she wants her scruffy little boy toy.
Podcast: Play in new window